- MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS OLD
- MUST HAVE SEGMENT-I CERTIFICATE
- MUST HAVE A COPY OF HIS/HER BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ON APPLICATION
- PASS VISION SCREENING
- OBTAIN LEVEL-I LICENSE AT SECRETARY OF STATE
May only drive with licensed parent/ legal guardian or designated adult 21 years of age or older.
GDL CLASSES & PRICES
LEVEL-II (2) PRIVELEGE
- TEEN MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD
- POSSESS A LEVEL – I LICENSE FOR MINIMUM 180 DAYS
- MUST HAVE A SEGMENT – II CERTIFICATE
- PASS ROAD SKILLS TEST
- MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 50 HOURS OF DRIVING EXPERIENCE (10 HOURS AT NIGHT)
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY VIOLATIONS OR AT FAULT ACCIDENTS DURING THE 90 DAYS PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR A LEVEL-II LICENSE.
- PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ON APPLICATION TO OBTAIN LEVEL – II LICENSE AT SOS
During the hours of midnight and 5 a.m teens must be accompanied with a licensed adult 21 years old or older. Other than these times, teens may drive unsupervised.
LEVEL-III (3) PRIVILEGE
- TEEN MUST BE AT LEAST 17 YEARS OLD
- POSSESS A LEVEL – II LICENSE FOR 180 DAYS
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY VIOLATIONS OR FAULT ACCIDENTS FOR 12 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR A LEVEL 3 LICENSE.
- RECEIVE LEVEL -3 LICENSE BY MAIL. NO RESTRICTIONS, FULL PRIVILEGES.
Segment -I classes are offered once a month. Teens must be at least 14 years and 8 months old to enroll in the class. Segment – I classes consist of 24 hours of classroom learning, 4 hours of observation in the training vehicle and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. Teens must successfully complete segment – I to apply for a Michigan level – I license or learners permit. Behind the wheel training is outside of classroom hours.
COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PASSPORT, STATE ID OR SCHOOL ID WITH PARENT / LEGAL GUARDIANS.
Segment – II classes are also offered once a month. Teens may enroll in segment – II classes 90 days after completing
Segment – I and must also have 30 hours minimum of supervised driving experience including a minimum of 2 hours at night.
Segment – II consists of only 6 hours of classroom instruction, which concentrates on defensive driving and getting prepared to take a road skills test. Teens must successfully complete Segment – II to be eligible to take a road skills test.
ACCEPTED METHODS OF PAYMENT:
CASH, CHECKS(PERSONAL,BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT), MONEY ORDER & ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.
LEVEL – I LEARNER’S LICENSE, COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PASSPORT, STATE ID OR SCHOOL ID WITH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS.
ROAD SKILLS TEST
- COMPLETED SEGMENT – I AND SEGMENT – II OF THE DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE.
- COMPLETED A MINIMUM 50 HOURS OF PARENTS SUPERVISED DRIVING (INCLUDING 10 HOURS OF NIGHT DRIVING.
- HAS HAD A LEVEL – I LICENSE FOR A MINIMUM OF SIX MONTHS.